- Born in Sumperk, Czech Republic, in 1981
- Studied at the Higher Professional School and Secondary Technical School in Šumperk in 1995–1999
- Free-lance artist since 1999
- Studied painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague (Prof. Zdeněk Beran’s School) in 2005–2011
- Currently lives and paints in his studio in Prague’s New Town
Michal Ožibko focuses mainly on photorealistic and hyperrealistic painting on canvas. Painted with classical methods, his compositions draw inspiration from traditional topics and subjects, yet at the same time maintain their distinctive character. The astounding illusiveness of his works comes from Ožibko’s painting technique consisting in the application of many thin glaze layers.
Ožibko also engages himself in abstract painting where he tends to be rather expressive both in style and colour.
Worldwide database of hyperrealistic artists
Wikipedia BP Portrait award
Wikipedia Michal Ožibko
BP Portrait award 2010